Thursday 25 May 2017

'My wife is pregnant for my best friend'


Murphy came back from a one-year course in France only to find out that his newly wedded wife was pregnant for his best friend.


My name is Murphy, a 37-year-old man. I work with an oil servicing firm as a maintenance engineer with my job entailing I travel out of the country at short notices.

As part of my job, I have had to go on training courses that could last for months and it is one of such trips that is the source of my pains at the moment.
I got married two years ago to my long term girlfriend. Hilda was introduced to me by a friend, Marsh, shortly after Udy dumped me for a politician and I was very devastated.
Initially, I did not intend to go into a serious relationship after what Udy did to me. I was so much in love with Udy that when she jilted me, I vowed never to have anything serious with a woman until I was ready to settle down.
But Hilda proved to be a different woman who showed me she loved me genuinely and despite my resolve, I found myself falling in love with her. It began gradually and with time, I could not do without her.
She made me forget Udy in no time and all I could think of was to be with her for the rest of my life. When I took her to meet my parents, my mother fell in love with her on the spot and told me Hilda was the very woman who would give her grandchildren.
We got married soon after and looked forward to a happy family with our kids but little did I know that the devil would use my best friend, TJ, to scatter my home.
It was in March of 2016 that I received a summon from our headquarters in France that I should proceed on a training course due to a huge contract the company got in an African country where oil had just been discovered.
I was to spend a year on the course where we were to get training on how to maintain new equipment that would be shipped into the country.
I told my direct boss about my new marriage and asked if it would be possible for me to go with her but it was to no avail as he said I would have to bear her expenses and since I did not have the means, I decided to leave her behind.
I was not happy to leave my new wife all alone for one year but with my relations and close friends in Lagos, I felt she would be in safe hands.
While in France, I made sure I was in touch with Hilda as much as I could and my friends I spoke and chatted with also told me she was doing great.
I had told TJ who was the closest to me, to always go around my house to see that my wife was doing well. How could I have known that I was putting her in harm's way because it is the same TJ that got Hilda pregnant.
At the end of my course in April this year, I came back home with so much joy not knowing I was coming to meet disaster waiting for me.
The first sign was when I touched down at the airport and my wife was not around to receive me. It was only Marsh who was around as even TJ was absent.
When I asked why Hilda was not around, Marsh told me she was not feeling too well and they told her to stay at home. I did not buy that explanation but I kept quiet and could not wait to get home.
When we got home, I met the shock of my life as I saw my wife with a protruding stomach. I stood transfixed to the spot as I looked at her, trying to recall if she there was anytime she told me she was pregnant but I could not remember any.
Marsh was in an unusual hurry to leave and when he left, I asked my wife what was going on and she broke down and confessed that TJ seduced her and they had sex and the result was the pregnancy.
She has been begging me for forgiveness but I don't know what steps to take now. TJ himself has been in hiding while I have tried so much to hide the truth from my family and friends who think Hilda is pregnant for me.
I don't want to cause her any embarrassment or disgrace by exposing the secret. Marsh is the only other person who knows what is going on and has been begging me to handle the matter in a mature way till we find a solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment